Monday 2 February 2009

My First SU Carding Class

Well I have attended my first Stampin Up carding class/workshop today at my good friend Maria's and it has really sparked my creativity (even though we had to battle through half a foot of snow to get there).



I loved every minute of it, and was so excited. We made three little projects, a box (that I absolutely adore), a card, and a tag, all matching using the Live your Dream set and the gorgeous SU cardstock and patterned paper.



Here's the picture.



I am aware that these pictures aren't the best, and certainly do not show the quality of these projects but unfortunately these are the best I can get at the moment.




Anyway, It has certainly sparked my creativity, and what with the Valentines day looming (and me begrudging paying a fortune for things that are for sale a for a fraction of the price the rest of the year) I figured I would have a go at making a couple of these boxes myself.




These are my creations - I hasten to add these are not SU card and paper (nor the rub on used for My Heart Belongs to You) as I currently don't have any, however the stamp sets and the ink are!


I am extremely glad I went today as it has fed the creativity fire fuel and I am certainly going to do more before I go in hospital. Now found out I am due to go in on the 3rd of March - only 28 days away. Need to get going!!! Looking forward to my next class with Maria on the 20th though - can't wait.
Till next time x x x x x x

No comments: