Friday 27 February 2009

Birthdays galore

Well first and foremost, although I am going into hospital in 4 days, I figured that I need to make a start on my ideas for easter!!!!! (I know, christmas has only just been)I found a template on Amys blog, and although they are nowhere near as ornate as her's, I had very limited creativity that day, so came up with the bumble bee theme and the purple and yellow (I love the combination of those two colours). I will work on the design more at a later date, and maria has also suggested using the scallop nestabilities oval shape to gice the egg basket more detail. I will post more when I have done them.





For the next one, I have my friend Kelly's birthday on March the 12th and designed the card and gift box for her. I got inspiration from the colours that she is going to be decorating her front room in (she has just bought the house and is renovating it at present) Red, gold and cream, and although this started life as a square in the top left corner with a band of gold and ribbon accross the bottom, when I layered it up, I decided that it looked better this way, without the ribbon. I have used peel offs for the black flowers on the gold layer, as the card does not take stamped images very well even with staz-on ink!!!!!















This next one is for fun. I love this dotty background that I have used here, in the aubergine colour. I stamped two images of the flower from the SU set "Happy Harmony" using the stamp a second time without re inking, to get the paler image. I also used the phrase out of the same SU set on white card and placed at the bottom right hand corner with a white ribbon across the bottom using a "stay put bow"















I also love using the "simply said" set from SU. On the card below I stamped the flower bunch from the set, twice, the scond time re-inking before stamping and slightly offsetting this, so that it looks like one long row of flowers, and then stamped the ssying "simply said from the heart....... thank you" on the top of the same peice of card, layering this on a thin border of red, a large border of embossed cream and another layer of red. I was very impressed with the outcome of this card. Very simple and yet lovely with it.















The next card, was a blast of inspiration from a card that I saw on the docrafts website. It is actually totally different from the one i saw, but the flowers making a border, is pretty much the same. I used the Su set "Happy Harmony" again for the saying and layed this on white and red card, on the red panel in the centre of the card, with red and white flowers, that were cut out from some patterned paper I had, and placed and different intervals along the border. I used silicon to stick these, to give vaying degrees of depth (although this is not very evident ont he photo) I have done this card for my friend, Marianne's birthday as she is, at the moment, the happiest she has been in her life.














And the last card I did was for my sister in law, Kelly's, birthday. She loves purple and I thought that this would be perfect. Again I used the "Happy Harmony" stamp set (can't you see I really like this set) and also used a tag stamp from another set that is not SU (Dream Big). I used some card that Maria had given me (Not sure how she has got the desired effect of mottles on this, I will have to ask) with an embossed layer on top to show off the saying (again layered on the purple mottled card) and a blue flower from the SU set (using a corner punch to round the edges on each layer). I then used a stay put bow for the top of the card and attached the dream big tag to this. I loved the layout of the card when I started but once it was all together, I was a little unsure of the result. I made the box to match but used an extra layer of purple ribbon across the top and bottom as it looked a little untidy.






Thanks for reading and I will post more before I go for the dreaded op!!!!!
Vikki x x x x x

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Vikki
The mottled effect on the background paper is from Alcohol Inks and Blending solution on glossy card.

Vikki said...

thanks for that hun (I am also glad someone reads my posts hehe)

Alex said...

Love the cards, especially "Simply Said" by Stampin' Up! So effective these row of flowers, great job.

Thanks for sharing your creations.

Alex x