Saturday 21 February 2009

Garden Whimsey Class last evening

Well sorry I've not posted for a few days, had a lot on with my Pre-op assesment for my op, and what have you, however, thursday night I got a creativity rush again, in time I think for the garden Whimsy class I went to at Maria's last evening. I was extremely excited about making this, as I love the set. We made a card wallet with 4 cards on the inside, protected by cellophane - it will make a wonderful gift!


I chose to stamp the outside and the outside of the wallet with a snail random print and then the tops of the card holders in the two little bugs in red, on blue cardstock, layered onto the yellow.

The 4 cards that go into the cellophane are shown below.


Although the wallets were the same for each of the class members made totally different cards, using different stamps for each. I was very, very pleased with the outcome, and learnt some valuable things whilst carding with them. Maria is an excellent teacher, and is very talented, as you can see from her blog. I feel extremely honoured to be attending classes at hers, even though orders are thin on the ground for me, with me being off work at the moment. I have only ever been a sole crafter and therefore am picking up loads of hints and tips from the classes.

The next three cards (and one small origami box) were made on Thursday night, after I had been for my pre-op - needed to escape from reality for a while, and carding is the perfect answer for that.

I treated myself to a corner punch, and as you can see, I have been making use of it.



















Well, we have my step children staying over today, and we are going to be making some cards for their dads birthday on Tuesday (needless to say I haven't made one yet and it's Saturday!!!!) I will probably also make mine later on today, when the little ones are all in bed!
So bye for the moment and I will post the creations for Phil's birthday later.
Bye x x x x

No comments: