Saturday 15 August 2009

Well I thought I woudl start this post before putting a title in as I have no idea what to call it. No doubt by the end of the post it will have acquired a title. Firstly I thought I would share a close up of the truck that I did on my previous card, to show the watercolouring. I absolutely love this truck and have only just bought it after many months of drooling over it, so no doubt it will get it's fair bit of use.
I have also been busy fulfilling cards for people's birthdays, and here is one I made for my friends fiance for his birthday from Her. I used techniques I have never really used before and I was unsure of the outcome, but people that have seen the card, think it is wonderful. Let me know what you think.
I didn't actually have a Fiance stamp so I decided to print the sentiment onto Whisper White, using my computer and then inked the edges of the card. I have used the direct to card technique, on the textured card stock for the base card.
I stamped the image of the trees four time (twice off each inking) to gain the image of depth.
Inside as you can see from above, I have placed a piece of chocolate chip card on the left hand side to cover the excess ribbon and brad backs, and then again printed a verse onto whisper white cardstock and inked the edges.
The last card in my post today, was a quick one for my frineds Dad, from her son. I will put a grandad sentiment on it before it is sent, but I absolutely love this Daisy and dandelion set of stamps that I have used for this (the doggy actually had a flower in her fur on her head, but I hoped that by colouring it in the same colour as her fur, it wouldn't be noticed!!!!)
Anyway, thanks for looking, and please feel free to leave comments as you please.
Till next time
Vikki x x x x

No comments: