Monday 10 August 2009

Busy, busy, busy 2

Hello all,

I have been exceedingly busy this last few days - the world and his wife seem to have birthdays in August - and it is also my beautiful Step Daughters birthday on Thursday so I will be making her a card too (that will be osted on Thursday).

Well the card I am going to post today is one I have made for my friends fiance, from his son! It's his birthday on the 16th and she has asked me to make him a card from his son, and one from her. I had no idea what to do, as I don't usually like making male cards (they aren't the easiest for me). As I had just bought the neighbourhood wheel from Stampin' Up! I thought I would give it a go, with the "loads of love" truck and hearts! I was very happy with it, even though it took ages (mind you my husband was still tiling the bathroom so it broke the boredom a bit hehe)

As you can see, I coloured the houses using the SU markers in barely banana, bordering blue, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, bellet blue, and ruby red. I using old olive and always artichoke for the grass, and then also watercoloured the truck with creamy caramel, close to cocoa and then basic black for the tyres. The picture is not the best unfortunately, as my camera is still playing silly beggars, so I have to do that off a little tiny camera. The hoop on the left is actually a curtain ring that I bought from a local B&Q surplus store. There were 24 in a pack for 50p. I was very impressed. The pewter type hooks that come off that are the ones that come with it (there was only one on each, I just nicked two off others), and I attached the letters that I had drawn and edged in chocolate chip to it, using eyelets in holes cut using the crop-a-dile.

The "Birthday Wishes" sentiment is from Sincere Salutations and is stamped in Chocolate chip.

Anyway thats it..........off to make some more now!

Bye Vikki

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Vikki
This card is lovely....and your watercolouring is so much better than it looks in this picture.

Your friend is sure to love this one

Vikki said...

Thank you very much for your kind comment Maria. My camera is back working now so I should be able to put better pictures on as of now! Thanks
Vikki