Wednesday 20 May 2009

Whimsy Birthday


Well this sunday is my neice's birthday................ she is the glorious age of nine. As she loves pinks and purples and butterflies, I figured that I would use the garden Whimsy stamp set, with the bold brights colours (Orchid Opulence and Pink Passion) to create this fabulously girly card.
As you can see from the picture, I used a Whisper white base card, with a mat of Orchid opulence under a Pink passion mat to enhance the embossed whisper white piece in the centre. This is a cuttlebug folder that has been used to emboss the whisper white CS (I am unsure of the name of it, but I can find it out, should anyone be interested).
I then stamped the open butterfly, the closed butterfly and the flower from the garden whimsy set, in the orchid opulence and pink passion, placing these around the centrepiece. I "stitched" round the edge of the orchid opulence mat, with a white gel pen, and stamped "birthday Wishes" from the sincere salutations stamp set, in orchid opulence on the same coloured CS at the bottom.
It took a while for this card to come together, but I have to say, I was extremely pleased with the outcome, as it shows fully, the personailty of my neice. I love the colours and the bright freshness of this card, and I would certainly reproduce this in the future, for other neices, maybe in slightly different colours.
Anyway as a new resolution, I am going to update my blog, EVERY time I make a new item, as I think that this will provide me with the incentive I need. My new SU stash is certainly giving me the creative boost I need at the moment (although I am sure my husband wouldn't agree, as my SU stuff seem sto have taken over my extremely small living room - note to self - get house with enough rooms to have a craft room!!!!!!!)
Thanks for looking
Vikki x x x x x

No comments: