Tuesday 3 August 2010

Christmas in July event

Well I would like to congratulate Maria on her absolutely fantastic Christmas in July event at the A, B and D centre in Bacup on Saturday. I think I can honestly say that the projects we made were fantastic, and every lady there enjoyed herself!!! The work you put in Maria was amazing, and all the Stampin' Up products look fantastic in the projects you prepared for us!!!! Christine also did a fantastic job, considering it was her first time at an event, and demonstrating like she did. I think she deserved a round of applause too!
However on the day, before we even got into the hall, we were greeted with these lovely little note pad and pens!
And these fabulous keyrings

And if that wasn't enough, we had little place names, with santa's face on (unfortunately I didn't get a pic of these - they were great too), and these beautiful bird houses with Robins on, and a ferrero rocher in!!!!! Oh my!!!!

I have added photo's of the projects for you all to ogle at. It was, (as I have said a million and one times) an absolutely fantastic day!
This was the first project of the day, imagine starting with this, it was wonderful!!

It is a pull up style card with a stand at the back. Using the wonderfully new Melon Mambo colour!! Absolutely gorgeous.

Then, the second project with did (after eating lots of cake and drinking lovely cups of tea) was this wonderful card holder (almost like a flip cd holder), and fours small cards to go in it! This apparently does very well in a smaller version for after eight mints too (so much better with chocolate, wouldn't you agree hehe)


And then (as we had taken soooooo very long to get the first two projects done, and my friends Cathy who was sat at the side of me, and Maureen who was sat opposite had done little but laugh all morning) we had a wonderful lunch, even getting our own named lunch bags (which as you can see ended up being a fantastic holdall for ALL the projects we made!)

The third project was this wonderful Dasher card, which we used Shimmer paint on (although this doesn't show up on the picture I have to say.) This card is so beautiful!
After yet more cake, and brews, and of course laughter, we proceeded to the fourth project! I have to say this is so simple, and yet so effective! A wonderful box!

The fifth project that we undertook, actually turned out to be my last completed one for the day (i couldn't complete the 6th as had to leave). It was a large box using the tree trimmings set. I actually really really like the effect of this box, and it is such a great size.





I left with the 6th project pack in my bag, ready to complete at home (I will put a pic on when I have done it!).

I couldn't beleive how quick the day went! It was like the blink of an eye, and i think everyone really thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I know I certainly did!

Barbara and Stephanie were quite wonderful supplying us all with cups of tea and coffee and juice all day, and handing the lunches out! And Jenny for making all the glorious cakes!!!!! But I would just like to say one more time...........................
Well done and thank you Maria!!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Vikki
So pleased that you enjoyed my event on Saturday. I think I worked you all a wee bit too hard but glad you still enjoyed it.

Karen said...

Wow another fantastic event, Maria did a wonderful job! The day was filled with first class projects, fun and laughter. Well done Maria x x x

Vikki said...

Course we didn't work too hard Maria, Thanks again for all your hard work!
Karen, it was fantastic wasn't it!
Loads of giggles hehe - can't wait for the next one!
Vikki x x