Wednesday 2 September 2009

Stamping Up Sunny Summer Picnic Basket and Tri-Cut card

Firstly, thank you all for reading this. The weather here this week has been terrible, and I had been asked to make a gift box and card for my friends mum's birthday. I thought seeing as we haven't had much sun, I would try to inject a bit of colour into it, so here are the outcomes. I used a tri-cut card that I found over at splitcoast stampers, and decorated it with Pumpkin pie and old olive DSP and flowers.
I also decided that seeing as it isn't at all like summer, I would use the picnic basket design, (to remind us what we should be doing in summer), that we used at our monthly class from Maria. I absolutely love this design, and although it does use quite a lot of card etc it is so worth it.
Again I used Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive DSp and card stock. As the lady whom this was being made for loves candles, I decided to stamp sentiments onto two smallish candles, and then use rub ons on the front of them, both in the chocolate chip and creamy caramel. I then laid them in the box that I had filled with tissue paper!
Please excuse all the mess in the background of these pics, but I finished them late at night, and struggled to get pics of them, as the lady wanted them dropping off the same night (at 11pm - I was so tired!!!!!), so I had to take them on the desk I create on (unfortunately this seems to be the way I create - very messily!!!!). I beleive that the lady who these were for cried when she received them. I love the fact that people like the things I make for them, but I have never had that sort of reaction to any of mine before!!! I was truly amazed. I thank Maria for inspiring me to do the things I do, and also all you wonderful crafters out there, who have the wonderful ideas in the first place, and very kindly blog and share them with us.
Thanks again and until next time
Vikki x x x x

1 comment:

Maria said...

Love how you have done this tri cut card. I have seen this type of card but after seeing yours in real life I need to have a try at it myself.

So pleased that the lady loved her card and gift